Saturday 1 September 2012

The Perks of Being a Chameleon

I've wanted to write a blog for the longest time, but never really had a unifying theme to tie my thoughts together.  I suppose I still don't, but with the impending release of The Perks of Being a Wallflower in theaters (aka one of my favourite books), and my name (Kamelia) often getting replaced with "chameleon" in conversation, the lovechild of these two ideas was born in blog form.

Welcome to the beginning of something beautiful!  I read waaaaay too many blogs/web comics/internet things for my own good, so hopefully channeling some of this interest into my own digital doodles will be a nice chance to contribute to the blogosphere.

I should probably introduce myself or something!  I'm a 20 year old student at the University of Guelph in the Arts and Sciences program.  The beauty of my program is that we get to design our own degree in a way with each an art and a science specialization, mine being Psychology and Ecology.  What a great way to make interdisciplinary connections in an interdisciplinary world! Now that I'm in third year, things are getting quite involved!


So here's me:

Credit goes to one of my best friends, Katia, over at Kitty Snooks

I also like many things.  Very different things, in no particular order.

Cycling (with my bike, Bessie)
Running
Painting
Writing 
Reading the newspaper
Reading in general (Fave = The Catcher in the Rye)
Pin-making
Squidging my toes in wet sand
Studying fungi (they're cool little guys!)
Feta cheese
Petting my kitty, Nemo (he's named after the fish!)
TED talks
Philosophy
HIMYM, Dexter, Arrested Development, New Girl, Community, Survivor, and Modern Family (I've got my roommate and boyfriend to thank for my exponential increase in shows to watch)
Pretty notebooks
Crunchy leaves
Cracking my knuckles/toes/back/anything that cracks (FYI, wrists are best)
Talking
Blanket-fort making
Puns (I'll be sure to share some gems)
Word puzzles
Grammar (though I've been known to slip up sometimes)
Colourful lights, posters, and curtains to any room
Saying "Oh, beans!" when things don't go my way
Lire en Français (particulièrement Harry Potter!)
Cyclone popsicles
Kayaking
Dyeing my hair (either red or purple)
Winter hats (these will certainly make an appearance as the weather cools)
Snow
Tokyo Police Club, Hollerado, The Killers, Of Monsters and Men, Jónsi, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Shins, and too many bands/artists to list quickly
Cows
Emoticons
Dr. Horrible
Jenna Marbles
Blowing bubbles/drawing with chalk/Play-Doh-ing with my little sister
Roller coasters
Tea
Dancing
When things match.  Either intentionally or not.

But I guess my number 1 is probably laughing.  Yes, I love that very, very much.  And I do it a lot!

So there you have it!  A whole bunch of things I like, and hopefully it's enough to convince you to keep reading.  I'll try my best to stay at least semi on top of this as I figure out my blog identity and what I would like it to contain.

Best!

-Kamelia

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy blogging and I see we have many likes in common. (The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Catcher in the Rye, Dr. Horrible, puns, HIMYM, tea, reading, painting, etc.) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like someone I would love to have a tea with :-D

    http://thegeekypeacock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'd love to have some virtual tea :)

    ReplyDelete